Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Shannon.

I should be asking, “How can anyone just give up like this?” 
I should be asking, “Why would someone do this to themselves?”
I should be thinking, “I feel so sorry for people who suffer through this,”
I should be crying. 
I should be feeling sympathetic. 
I should feel something more than the slight empathy that momentarily crossed my brain. 
People, teens, kids, kill themselves. It’s a fact. It happens a lot, I imagine. I’m sure there’s some statistic on it. But the truth is, I understand it. I have felt these feelings so deeply. I have half way attempted to do it myself. It wasn’t a attempt and a fail, it was more of a hang the belt, put it around my neck, but then I stepped down, because I was too scared. I don’t know what to do or how to feel. I can’t decide if calling the police would help her. I mean honestly…it’s been two hours, maybe if someone had done something as soon as this had been posted, then maybe it would have helped. But now…what if this girls in Russia? The police would just disregard it as some stupid internet prank and think nothing more of it. The worst thing is, that I am actually a tad bit jealous of this girl. 
This girl who had the guts. 
This girl who had the guts to write out a note.
This girl who had the guts enough to make it public.
This girl who had the guts to prove she was serious. 
This girl who had the guts to escape. 
Save us all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment